1. Detailed description of goods and/or services
Origin Coffee Roasting is a business in the coffee industry that roasts and blends coffee, and which supplies roasted coffee, equipment and coffee training to the hospitality trade and to the general public.
2. Delivery policy / SHIPPING
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 1 business day. You will receive an automated order confirmation via email.
All of our deliveries are via 3rd party courier partners. Costs and delivery timelines are as follows:
- Central Cape Town (*1): 1-2 business days. R30 for delivery. Free for orders over R300.
- Greater Cape Town (*2): 2-3 business days. R45 for delivery. Free for orders over R500.
- Other South Africa: 3-6 business days (3-4 days for major centres). R65 for delivery. Free for orders over R500.
*1 = 7925, 8000, 8001, 8005
*2 = 7100, 7405, 7441, 7455, 7460, 7500, 7530, 7550, 7560, 7700, 7708, 7750, 7764, 7780, 7784, 7785, 7800, 7806, 7941, 7945
While we and our courier partners do our best to meet these timelines, occasional delays due to COVID-19 are possible. We apologize in advance.
For any issues with your delivery, please contact us at 021 421 1000 or email@example.com and we will track your shipment for you. Please have your order number in hand to make this process more efficient.
3. International Orders
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only at this time.
4. Return and Refund policy
The provision of goods and services by Origin is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Origin will refund the client in full within 30 days or supply an alternative product which is acceptable to the customer who will pay any incremental cost or be refunded the difference.
- Coffee Bean Returns – As a perishable product, Origin does not accept returns of roasted coffee. Coffee, like wine, is a product where people’s different tastes can come into play. We are always available to advise you by phone or email, and we also suggest you first buy first smaller quantities of any new coffee before purchasing it in larger quantity. Over 15 years, we have extremely rarely had a roasting quality issue. If you feel there is a genuine quality problem with any coffee you receive, please contact us and we commit to engage with you constructively to resolve the matter. We want you to be happy with our coffee, to buy it regularly, and to recommend shopping with us to your friends and family.
- Coffee Equipment Returns – Equipment can be returned for a full refund within 30 days if it is unused and returned in its original packaging.
- Coffee Equipment Warranties – All equipment sold on this site comes with the full manufacturer’s warranty which is carried by the South African importer. Warranty periods are stipulated on the product pages and can also be found in literature supplied with the equipment. Please contact us with any warranty issues, and include a copy of your invoice so we can identify the purchase date. All warranty issues will be handled by the product’s South African importer according to their policies.
Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569 .
6. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via card (Visa and MasterCard), Masterpass, Secure EFT or Zapper. All payments are processed by PayGate.
7. Card Acquiring and Security
8. Customer Details Separate from Card Details
Customer details will be stored by Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
9. Merchant Outlet Country and Transaction Currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
11. Country of Domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
13. Company information
This website is run by Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. based in South Africa trading as Origin Coffee Roasting and with registration number 2020/803962/07 and Director Joel Singer.
14. Origin Coffee Roasting Wholesale (Pty) Ltd. – contact details
Company Physical Address: 28 Hudson Street, De Waterkant, Cape Town 8001, Republic of South Africa
Telephone: +27 21 421 1000